Visiting Haridwar

Post anything that does not comes under the other topics.

Visiting Haridwar

Postby fanoosh » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:16 pm

I intend to visit Haridwar during 2nd week of May. Given the fact that the rates at Haridwar Hotels are abnormally high at present due to Kumbh Mela, do you think it is going to come down in May ? :?:
fanoosh

Re: Visiting Haridwar

Postby avon » Sun Feb 21, 2010 11:18 pm

fanoosh wrote:I intend to visit Haridwar during 2nd week of May. Given the fact that the rates at Haridwar Hotels are abnormally high at present due to Kumbh Mela, do you think it is going to come down in May ? :?:

Well, we have been to Kumbh Mela during the 1st Shahi Snan and had talks with hotel owners thereat. The rates will come down to normal after 14th April's Shahi Snan. But altogether the standard hotel rates at Haridwar have rose to 150% in comparison to 2008. The average hotel rates will be at least 600 plus thereat.
avon
Site Admin

Postby fanoosh » Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:09 pm

600-800 will be ok, but more than that will be a bit stiff.
fanoosh

Postby camelia » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:21 am

Hope you have already visited Haridwar. Well I am sharing my experiences. We went to Haridwar last year on the eve of the Kumbha Mela. We resided at Hotel Astha which is a perfect hotel for middle classed people I guess. Room rent for standard Doubled room is 600 only and what is more important is its location which is just 500 m from railway station and bus terminal. You can check it if you visit Haridwar in future.

Return to General Query